Monday, April 8, 2013

Day 1 Food Lover’s Program

We took our measurements last night and were ready to plunge headfirst into the program this morning.  I had to eat a snack before my coffee and I didn’t like that much.  My stomach is not used to having food in it until after my coffee and after I’ve been up for about 2 hours.  That will take some getting used to.  My stomach is iffy today anyway.  We’ve had a house of sick people off and on for the past week or more.  Finally, everyone is over it or so it seems, but my stomach is not up to par today so I hope I’m not getting it yet again.  I’ve also got a headache.  

Here’s how today went:

6 a.m.- Get up

6:30 a.m.- Eat a granola bar.  Black coffee.

8:30 a.m.- Homemade banana muffin made using whole wheat flour and unsweetened applesauce instead of sugar with about a teaspoon of butter. 

10:30 a.m.- 1/4 cup of dry roasted peanuts

12:45 p.m.- A  bowl of Kashi Island Vanilla cereal with Almond Milk

3:00 p.m.- A serving of pretzels and a cheesestick

5:50 p.m.- Time to eat again but not at home to eat dinner so I had an Italian Ice Lemon flavored

7:30 p.m.- Not quite 2 hours but I had to eat dinner.  A tortilla shell with some taco meat, shredded cheese, lettuce, a little taco sauce and sour cream. 

I have been drinking my water and have 6 cups down for today.  Today’s only objective was to add in snacks between meals, eating every 2-3 hours.  There was some reading and listening to the audio CD as well.  I would say that Day 1 was a success! 

1 comment:

Luludou said...

way to go Jess & Chad! I've heard a lot about eating every 2-3 hours and will follow how it is turning out for you guys.