Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Neglect and My Blog

My poor neglected blog.  I always set out with the best of intentions to maintain this blog and post regularly.  I used to love to write and I want to write so badly, but I always think that whatever I write will be stupid and no one reads this blog anyway so why waste the time, right?  Maybe I just need to treat writing like I do exercise, a non-negotiable daily activity.  So I guess my goal for the month of April will be to write, whether anyone visits my blog or not.  :) 

My last post was from January, I had decided to take up Weight Watchers.  I did well the first 4 weeks, losing 1 pound a week.  After that I think I got tired of it and kind of let myself go for a minute.  I have gained and lost and maintained all in the span of the 3 months that i've been on WW.  My subscription runs out on Friday and I was seriously thinking about cancelling it and just trying to do it on my own.  However, I like being accountable to something, even if it's just their website.  On the same note, I have slacked off for the past couple weeks (we've had alot going on) and have been able to mostly maintain the weight I was at before the slacking started.  So I think I could do it myself and I would still have access to the free features on the site, although i'm not sure what those are.  I have lost a total of 5 pounds since starting WW.  I know that doesn't seem like much but my starting weight was 145 and I only wanted to lose 10-15 pounds.  I'm either 1/3 or 1/2 way there depending on which goal I decide to stick with. 

I exercise alot.  Well, maybe not alot for some people who like live in the gym, but for me it's a nice steady routine.  On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I do a Real Age Fat Burn workout and do a 30 minute Jillian Michaels walking workout using iFit on my treadmill.  On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I do Couch to 5K.  I'm almost finished with Week 8 of C25K.  One more week to go and I will have finished the program!  Once i'm finished, I will continue to run 30 minutes on those same days and try to up my time each week by a minute or two.  Sunday is my rest day.  Or if I just have too much going on one day during the week I may not have time to fit my workout in so i'll take that day off and workout on Sunday to make up for it.  I always try to get my 6 days in no matter what. 

My eating has been horrible lately and i'm trying to get back into the good stuff.  I figure I have 2 months until I could possibly be in a swimming suit so I want to make the time work for me the best I can. 

Wow this has turned out to be a long post, guess I had more to say than I thought.  Off to write some more, but in a different post. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To achieve defined abs you should perform specific abdominal exercise that work all the abdominal muscles. The secret to faster results would be to trick your muscles into working harder inside your body although your workout feels less complicated. This forms an arc like shape with your lower back and enables you to expand your abdominal muscles to strengthen it.