Saturday, January 1, 2011

Word for 2011: Journey

I really like to put some time and thought into my Word for each year. I want it to be something that reflects the way I feel and what I am seeking. This upcoming year, 2011, will be spent mostly with my husband in Iraq. I recently read the book The Happiness Project and was inspired by her method and story. I am going to start my own Happiness Project based on my life and what I think I need to work on. This will be combined with my Word for the year.

I will break it down by month so I don't get overwhelmed by a huge list of things or traits I want to work on. I'm trying to group them based on the overall theme of each month.

The word Journey will represent the personal, emotional, and physical Journey's I will be taking on during the year. Each month will be a different Journey in my life and a way for me to grow in all aspects. I want to learn to relax and enjoy the moments instead of worrying about what housework needs to be done or what I need to do tomorrow. I want to be present, not always looking forward or back. I want to laugh and smile more and get back to my roots. I'm a country girl at heart and i've let my roots slip away. I want to get back to the ME I know I am. The girl that was always smiling and kind, but still had a fire in her and a passion for things.

I still have alot of work to do ironing out the wrinkles in my plan for the year. I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate things that I feel are important. I do know what I want for January and will be tracking everything here.

January's Journey: Health and Fitness
** I want to be more healthy and fit, which will also help to boost my energy level so I don't feel so run down and tired all the time.

- Exercise at least 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes a day
- Drink WATER, lots of it!
- Eat more veggies and fruits
- Cut out soda, except an occassional one
- Take a few minutes each day to just be, sit quietly and think about a positive affirmation
- Laugh and smile more

I am planning on starting the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred again. I would also like to try out the new fitness room for mom's that was made at a gym on post. It's free for me to use and they have a play area inside the room where the kids can play while I exercise on a treadmill, elliptical machine or a stationary bike. So there's really NO excuse not to go.

While i'm structuring my menu planning I am going to make sure to be mindful of the foods I plan and be sure to add a veggie or fruit to each meal. That will give us 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.

This is my start. If it needs adapting then I will adapt it. Nothing is set in stone. I want to see where my monthly Journey's lead as they are flexible, but i'm going to try my best and go in with a positive attitude and that's all I can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
You have such a great attitude - I know that your journey will be successful.