Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

It's New Year's Eve!

Do you have big party plans or are you just hanging out?

Us.....we're just hanging out. I have a headache that just won't go away and it's 18*F outside, so I think we're staying in and doing nothing.

What is your traditional New Year's Day meal?

We always have beans and black-eyed peas with cornbread and fried potatoes. I don't normally soak my beans overnight but i'm thinking I might try it this time. My beans never turn out good enough to me, probably because i'm not using the right ham or something, I don't know.

We had snow for a quick minute and now it's done. I see flakes whiz by the window now and then but I think it's just blowing from wherever it landed before. I was really hoping for some good snow, hopefully before winter is out we'll get a good storm. There were tornadoes in Missouri this morning. Craziness!

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

D said...

I usually make something with Seafood but since I'm have ds birthday on Sunday (he wants whole lobsters) I'm having chicken stuffed red peppers tonight. Happy New Year.
Ahorsesoul from MHH

Anonymous said...

We don't have a traditional meal, but tomorrow we are cooking a turkey dinner.
Happy New Year!!