Monday, January 3, 2011

Missing Me.......

You know what I miss?

I miss cowboy boots and wrangler jeans. The countryside where all you see are trees and fields. I miss gravel roads and small creek beds, Christmas tree farms, and a friendly wave when you meet another car passing on the road. A tiny country store and climbing trees. Riding bikes all over the country roads on a hot summer day.

I miss the girl that was always smiling, was always nice and was pretty much friends with everyone. I miss the way she would get excited about hunting and fishing and being outside. I miss the time when the television was rarely turned on except to watch a favorite show now and then. More time was spent outside or listening to the radio, laying under the big blue sky watching the clouds and playing make believe.

I miss 4H and cows and mud and fairs. I miss pickup trucks and big mud tires.

I miss the me that I lost so long ago........ I want to be that small town country girl again and I want to drag my husband and kids along and share with them everything that I was.

3 comments:

teachermomof2 said...

I often miss the carefree days of my youth too! Hang in there Jess!

blessings~Lisa

Diedra said...

That ME is still there. Let her out. from Ahosesoul

Anonymous said...

Jes,

I love this post, That small town girl will always be there and one day she will come out and your family will love her as well...

Mandy