Monday, January 24, 2011

It finally came!!

ZUMBA that is. I have been checking the tracker on this sucker every day to see where it was and when it might be delivered. Today I checked and it had finally been scanned into my small town post office. I had to go there anyway this afternoon to mail Chad's birthday/Valentine package so I asked if I could just get it instead of having it delivered.

I couldn't resist opening it in the truck while waiting for Samuel to get out of school. When we got home I popped the Basics DVD into the player and did my first Zumba ever. I love the way they break down the steps in the Basic section. They show each step to you in three moves and then combine it at full speed afterward. I do fine during the 3 moves but when they combine them at full speed i'm lost. I'm definitely slow but hopefully that will change the more I do it and learn the moves. The Basics workout was 60 minutes long. I may have to do it for a few more days to try and learn the moves better. I was also doing it in socks which is not a good idea. You need traction to keep from sliding all over the place in order to really do the moves correctly.

So excited!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am glad you finally got it!! I watched some of it being done on a video when I did an internet search and I don't think I am coordinated enough to do it.
Have fun!!