Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins

2 c. Bisquick baking mix
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2/3 c. milk
1 c. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use regular size and it comes out fine)
1/4 c. chopped nuts (optional)
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400*F.

Cinnamon sugar topping: mix 2 Tbsp. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.

Combine Bisquick, sugar, egg, and milk. Beat with a spoon till combined (will be lumpy). Stir in mini chips and nuts, if using.

Fill greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 tsp. sugar-cinnamon topping.

Bake 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with butter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you keep posting these recipes I am going to have to throw my weight loss program right out the window.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mel, these sound divine !! Ok back to eating my boring orange LOL