Friday, January 7, 2011

Deployment Effects

So I have finally witnessed the effects that this deployment is having on at least one of my children and it wasn't pretty.

My oldest totally broke down in the middle of dinner last night, just out of nowhere. He was crying so hard, it was heart breaking. I asked what was wrong and he said he missed my husband. After he finally calmed down enough to talk he said he was remembering how they play around and wrestle and stuff.

And it doesn't help that he hardly ever gets to talk to him like the rest of us do because he's always in school when ever Chad is online so the only time he gets is every other weekend.

Anyway, it's awful knowing that you can't do anything to make it better, that no matter what daddy is going to be gone for a long time yet. We're only 3 months into this deployment and it's an indefinite deployment so we really have no idea when the end will be.

Addison spends alot of time writing "letters" to daddy or drawing pictures for him and she gets to talk to him frequently on the webcam. Eli is very clingy and has separation anxiety with me. He also tends to cling to male figures like my brother whenever he's around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big hugs!! I can't imagine how hard this must be for all of you.