Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Alot has changed....

I don't even remember the last time I posted on this blog, but i'm hoping to change that. I'm always dying to write something...anything but then I just end up sounding boring so I don't end up writing at all. Would my daily life really be interesting to anyone? I doubt it, but i'm going to try.


I don't really lead a boring life, but i'm slightly biased. :) I'm an Army Wife and very proud to be. I'm also an Army veteran having served for 4 1/2 years and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom to Bahrain in 2003. I have 3 wonderful, funny, smart children that I adore and don't know how I would live my life without. Surely there's some adventure in my life somewhere.



Our most recent adventure was buying our first house. It was a gamble, for sure, especially since we are a military family and my husband could get orders to another post at the drop of a hat. But, we figured we were safe for at least a couple years with his impending deployment.



We have already done some work on the house and we've lived here shortly over a month. My mom came to visit and we painted the living room.



This is the BEFORE picture. It was pink...pink people. Seriously.



This is the AFTER picture. We painted it a nice brown/tan color. The picture really doesn't do it justice, but it looks great with the woodwork and our furniture.

Also while my mom was here, she climbed up on my counters to prime the area above the cabinets that was weird wallpaper. The entire rest of the kitchen is yellow but for some reason this section was wallpaper. So, she primed it, with oil based Kilz mind you that stinks to high heaven, and then put two coats of yellow paint over it.

This is the AFTER picture of the kitchen. Unfortunately I don't have a before picture.

Chad and I painted our bedroom a nice green color that he picked out. It's called Garden Shed and it's by Martha Stewart. I don't yet have a picture to share but I will soon. We also completely redid Eli's room. It took 2 weeks to complete, but it's finally finished. There were two layers of wallpaper and it was quite an adventure, but i'll save that for another post.

More to come.......



1 comment:

happeningswithLana said...

Jessica, love the color you did the front room in. The wood floor looks so nice too. The kitchen looks bright with yellow and the white cabinets.