Thursday, April 8, 2010

Artillery

There's nothing like waking up to artillery fire in the morning. Or going to sleep to artillery fire at night. That, my friends, is the joy of living on an Army base. I wouldn't trade it for the world. The safety and comfort I feel living on base is undescribable. I don't have to worry about my kids being picked right out of my yard or my stuff getting stolen from right off my porch. Neighbors are real neighbors, we share stuff and borrow a little of this or that when we are out. We know each others first names and our kids play all evening long in the great outdoors. If something happens and you need a quick sitter, your neighbor is there to lend a hand.

Being an Army wife is one of the greatest and hardest things in the world and I count my blessings everyday that we are an Army family.

No comments: