Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 2 of my exercise journey

Yesterday I started exercising again. I'm determined to continue exercising no matter what. What usually happens is that I get a week into exercising and then I get sick so I have to stop, then I never start back up. This time i'm going to work through the sickness, if I get sick.

The program i'm doing right now, along with my mom, is the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Let me tell you, it's no joke. I watched it all the way through before I started and thought, "this doesn't look too bad". That was before I actually physically did it.

Let me tell you, it is that bad. It's a good bad though, like the kind that leaves you feeling great that you lived through it but dreading for morning to come when you know you have to do it all over again. Then you feel great again.

There are 3 levels to this program. Since it's called 30 Day Shred, I assumed that you are supposed to spend 10 days in each level, that's my goal anyway. Like I said i'm on day 2 of level 1. This morning was worse than the first day because my muscles were sore from yesterday. But I made myself get up and do it.

I think it's worth mentioning that level 1 is 3 circuits. You do 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. You do this 3 times. The first circuit is the hardest for me so I have to push myself through it and remind myself that in 6 minutes i'll be on to the next circuit.

I wanted to mention that i'm really not trying to lose weight. I'm actually at my pre-pregnancy weight of 132 right now, which suits me fine. What I would like to do is tone and tighten up the flabby areas, so that's my goal here.

I plan on recording my adventure here on my journal. So feel free to follow along.

No comments: