Friday, August 23, 2013

Fall is coming! Fall is coming!

Is anyone else feeling the tickling sensation that Fall is on its way?  I can just feel the crispness in the air waiting to be noticed and see the leaves already changing to a beautiful array of reds, oranges, and yellows.  That last one is actually true, some of our leaves here in Upstate New York are already starting to change which worries me a little that they will be gone before our family photos in early October.  I’m dying to get out pumpkins and hay bales, scarecrows and mums (already have on the mums).  Thoughts of wrapping up in sweaters and wearing jeans and boots are already starting to fill my head.

I have put a few fall touches on my home already.  I purchased a cute fall wreath at the Christmas Shops that are new to our little mall here in Watertown, NY.  I also picked up some fall leaf candle rings, 3 little owl picture holders in fall colors with jewel eyes…they are super cute.  I would love to fill my porch with huge pots of mums but I’m not sure that will happen this year, I’ll have to wait and see.  I have my eye on some big planters at Target that would be great for fall and Christmas decorating.

Chad is also already starting to crave cold weather food like chili and homemade chicken and noodles.  I’m craving hot coffee drinks and warm homemade, carb loaded goodies, caramels, candy corn and pumpkins, cider donuts….
 
 

 

No comments: