Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Realistic Sized Mannequins

While watching the Today show this morning there was a story on Model Mannequins.  Apparently in Sweden there is a store that is using plus size mannequins.  These mannequins do NOT look plus-size to me.  They mentioned they are a size 8-12.  Since when is a size 8-12 plus-size? 

I do think it’s great that they are using more realistic mannequins for the average woman.  This news story also said that the average sized American woman is a 14.  Why do you want to go shopping and see the beautiful clothes on mannequins that don’t represent the majority of women?  I would love to see how clothes might actually look on me instead of a stick thin person. 

What do you think?  

1 comment:

teachermomof2 said...

I totally agree. Everytime I look at a mannequin and love and outfit, then put it on me...it's just not the same. Models should be sized 8-12 and no, that isn't plus sized.