Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pinterest Tried and True Recipe Keepers

I don’t know about you, but I LOVE to browse Pinterest.  I could spend hours looking on that site.  I really like getting new dinner ideas from there as well.  We have tried several Pinterest recipes over the last few weeks and have liked them all I do believe. 

One of my favorites is the Spicy Sausage Pasta.  Chad made it one night and I thought it was good but needed something with it.  So the next day I went to the store and bought some crusty bread and had leftovers for lunch with the bread.  It was just what it needed to make it complete!  Here is the link: Spicy Sausage Pasta Recipe.

A family favorite is a chicken, green bean, potato bake.  I put 4-6 raw chicken breasts in the middle of a 9x13 baking pan.  Then I put a can or two of drained green beans on one side and I buy the little fingerling size potatoes and cut them in half and put on the other side of the chicken.  Sprinkle a packet of dry Italian Dressing mix over everything, then melt a stick of butter and pour over everything.  Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350*.  Delish!

Another one is this Oven Baked Frito Pie.  It’s a mix between taco and chili.  Chad really liked it.  I thought it was good but I have to be in the mood for chili type stuff. 

One more and I’ll quit sharing for today.  One of the first things we tried was this Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken.  We had tried a frozen boxed sweet and sour chicken meal before and liked it so when I saw this recipe I knew we had to try making it ourselves.  We loved it! 

There are several more that we’ve tried and will have again, but I also have loads that still need to make it on my menu plan. 

No comments: