Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

2012 was a year for change for us.  We put our house on the market in January and had many showings but no sales.  Finally in June, we had to move to Upstate New York.  Our house still hadn’t sold so we decided to make it For Rent/Sale.  Luckfully, as my brother would say, we were able to get it rented to a military family in July/August.  The day the tenants moved in, the realtor discovered that the basement had yet again flooded, costing us quite a chunk of change for water removal and carpet replacement.  But, there have only been minor issues since and I really hope it stays that way. 

Here we are at Fort Drum, NY with lots of snow on the ground.  I haven’t made many friends since we’ve been here.  I did try to get involved with the FRG again but the leader and I clashed and she basically told me I wasn’t welcome so I haven’t been back since.  Maybe when they leave in the spring I’ll try to get involved again.  I am friends with the neighbors, well I think I am anyway.  I think one doesn’t really like me but talks to me anyway because we see each other at the bus stop everyday.  Not sure what I did to her but oh well. 

I really miss our house in Kansas and my friends there and family being close enough to go visit on the weekends.  I don’t want to think about how it will be up here by myself when Chad deploys next year.  Maybe I’ll have more friends by then. 

This has definitely been a year of ups and downs but I’m hoping that 2013 turns out to be a good year with lots of ups and little downs, lots of growth and discovery.     

No comments: