Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How does your garden grow?

Before Chad left we made a garden out back.  He built raised beds and I picked out and planted everything (pictures in a previous post).  I have been pretty good about watering and I even picked all the whirly gigs out of the beds.  The flowers are still alive and some are doing better than others, but the vegetables…well, those are a different story. 

I planted sweet peas, string beans, cucumber, bell pepper, strawberry, broccoli, and lettuce.  None of it is doing very well.  The sweet peas are all but dead, something is eating my string bean leaves, the strawberry was doing great and now it’s just not, the lettuce isn’t growing and the rest is alive but not really growing either.  Sad smile  I was hoping to be able to get a small harvest before we move but it’s not looking so likely. 

Two rose bushes that were here when we moved in are doing wonderfully.  There are lots of beautiful red roses blooming and many more unopened blooms on the bush.  The other bush has buds but no flowers yet. 

Any advice on the vegetables?

No comments: