Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5.....

Yesterday ended up being an unexpected rest day because I was gone most of the day in meetings. So I got my happy butt up this morning and exercised and got it out of the way so I didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. Tomorrow morning, instead of having a rest day, i'll be up exercising as well.

I went grocery shopping today and came home with a ton of fresh fruit and veggies. We usually buy a few apples here and there but I came home with 2 bags of apples, oranges, green pepper, green onion, lettuce, broccoli, cucumber, and even baby spinach. I wanted all the stuff to make a good salad (I already have carrots here) and lots of apples for snacks. My kids have been eating apples like they're going out of style. I'm not kidding, they ate at least 3-4 today and were asking for more later on. I can't imagine that it's good to eat that many in a day even though they are pretty healthy. But they could be asking for worse.

I'm proud to say that we've cooked every night this week since at least Monday. I hope to continue that trend this week. Well, one night we'll be going to the free No Dough dinner on post so we won't be cooking that night.

Anyway, if you're following along, thanks for reading!

No comments: