Sunday, August 24, 2014

Long time no see!

I'm a horrible blogger!!  It's been almost a full 8 months since I've posted to or even looked at this blog.  Yikes!  We are still in the midst of a deployment so it seems like the days go by very quickly and i'm tired all the time.  No rest for the wicked.  I really need to get back into writing because I love to write, i'm just not sure what to write about.   

It's almost back to school time here in Upstate New York.  My oldest, Samuel, will be starting 6th grade and heading to the Middle School.  He will have a big adjustment with the bus coming an hour and a half earlier than last year and having to move rooms for classes.  Addison will be starting 3rd grade and is super excited because the teacher she had for 2nd grade moved up to 3rd this year and she got her again!  Eli will start Kindergarten so he will be going to school on the bus and staying all day, huge adjustment for him and me. 

I signed up for a Microsoft Word class through the local library and that will start the Monday after school starts so i'll be busy the first month of school, not sure what i'll do after that with no kids at home.  I'm thinking that I would really like to volunteer at the USO.  I also want to get my resume together and apply to be a substitute teacher in the district, make a little extra money and get some experience to see if teaching is what I want to do.  I'm really itching to go back to school, I just don't know for what and i'm a little nervous because it's been so long since I've been in school.

Anyway, not much else to catch up on really.  Chad was home on R&R the end of June/early July and then the kids and I went to Missouri in July to visit my family for 3 weeks.  I started the 21 Day Fix and didn't do so great my first round, skipped workouts and my eating was bad.  I did lose 1/2 an inch in my thighs and hips.  I'm starting over tomorrow and hoping to do better. 

   

No comments: