Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year! Almost there...

The countdown has begun! It's only 10 1/2 hours until midnight and 2010. Does that intimidate you? It sort of does me. There's so much I already want to accomplish in 2010, i'm wondering where i'm going to find the time.

One of my main goals for 2010 is to get healthy, really truly healthy. On Monday January 4th my mom and I are going to start the 30 Day Shred. It's a Jillian Michael's DVD. There are 3 levels so I figure you're supposed to stay in each level for 10 days before moving to the next one. I've marked my calendar with my start date and the dates that I will go up a level. I'm really not looking to lose weight, although a little more might be nice, but I really want to tone up and get in the habit of exercise. I haven't come up with a plan for after the shred, but i'm thinking i'll start doing my Sports Active on the Wii again. I really liked those workouts and they were great!

I need to make a trip to the library and see if I can find anything on low carb/low cholesterol diets. I have very high cholesterol which i'm on medication for and I would like to get off the medication as soon as possible. I'm also supposed to be eating a low carb diet anyway because I have PCOS (polycystic ovaries).

I know lean proteins, veggies, fruits, and whole grains make a good diet but i'm the type of person who needs specific foods listed for me to choose from or else I get overwhelmed and fed up. I have an appointment with the nutritionist on the 19th and i'm hoping to get all my questions answered.

Here's to a healthy me in 2010!

No comments: